|The SRW report is now complete.|
- Arkansas. Milling yield is higher compared to 2006. Absorption has remained the same. Bread volume has increased and the cookie W/T is slightly less.
- Illinois. Milling yield is higher than in 2006. Flour ash, farinograph data and bake results are very close to 2006 results. Absorption is down and cookie W/T is higher this year.
- Indiana. Flour ash and milling yield have increased this year. Absorption is also increased. Cookie W/T is lower, and the bread volume is higher.
- Kentucky. Milling yield is higher this year. Flour ash is acceptable and bread volume is slightly higher this year. Cookie W/T is slightly higher.
- Maryland. Milling yield is slightly better, although flour ash has increased. Cookie W/T is lower while the bread volume is similar to last year. Farinograph absorption is higher this year.
- Missouri. Milling yield is higher compared to last year, but the flour ash is high. Farinograph absorption has decreased. Bake volume is higher while other bake data is similar to 2006. Cookie W/T is lower.
- North Carolina. Flour ash is higher than 2006 while milling yield is slightly lower. Farinograph data is similar to 2006. Bread volume is higher and the cookie W/T is lower than 2006.
- Ohio. Milling yield is slightly better than last year with a similar flour ash. Farinograph data and bake volume are also similar to 2006 results. Cookie W/T is higher this year.
- Virginia. Milling yield is very good this year, ash value is higher than in 2006 but still acceptable. Absorption is 1% lower and bake data is similar to 2006 results. Cookie W/T is higher.
Overall, the 2007 SRW crop has very good quality as shown in the data below and the more complete SRW 2007 Summary report. While test weight and the Grade #2 shown below are similar to past years, the average damaged kernel percentage of 0.2% is much lower than last year and the five-year average of 1.3%. As a result total defects are also much lower than last year and the five-year average. Low DON values and high falling number values indicate that the 2007 crop is generally very sound and free from damage. Protein content in states that are tributary to the Gulf is slightly higher than last year, which may be advantageous for some importers. Farinograph peak and stability values and average Alveograph W value and P/L ratio in those states are all higher than last year and the five-year average.